CATERPILLAR TO MAKE CHANGES TO MINING & CUSTOMER DIVISIONS
Caterpillar Inc. will reorganize its dealer and customer support divisions, effective Nov. 1. These changes are designed to improve and speed the delivery of customer support while simplifying the way Caterpillar interacts with its global dealer network.
MINING DIVISION CHANGES:
Chris Curfman, vice president with responsibility for Caterpillar’s Mining Sales & Support Division is retiring, effective December 31, 2015. His division will be integrated into the existing Global Mining machine business divisions. Bringing product, operations, sales and marketing organizations together in both the surface and underground mining applications .
The surface mining sales and support teams will join the Hauling & Extraction Division, which will be renamed the Surface Mining & Technology Division, led by Caterpillar Vice President Tom Bluth.
The underground mining sales and support teams will join the Material Handling and Underground Division, led by Caterpillar Vice President Denise Johnson.
CUSTOMER AND DEALER-FACING ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGES:
· Distribution Services Divisions – the primary interface with our dealers, these divisions will remain but be reduced to two from three.
o Asia Pacific, CIS, Africa & Middle East Distribution Division, Vice President Raymond Chan – covers dealers in Asia-Pacific, CIS, Africa and the Middle East.
o Americas & Europe Distribution Division, Vice President Phil Kelliher – covers dealers in North and South America and Europe.
· Global Aftermarket Solutions Division, Vice President Nigel Lewis – new organization created to accelerate the growth of aftermarket sales and service solutions. This organization combines the aftermarket sales and marketing resources, with a focus on improving and growing aftermarket sales and service for Resource Industries, Construction Industries and Energy & Transportation, including Cat Work Tools and Cat Reman products.
· Wear Components & Aftermarket Distribution Division, Vice President Doug Hoerr – new division that merges the design and manufacturing of components and aftermarket distribution into one division to enhance the company’s focus on components availability and inventory improvements. This organization will be closely aligned with the Global Aftermarket Solutions Division.
· Marketing and Digital Division, Vice President George Taylor – newly created division that builds on the current Analytics & Innovation Division. Taylor, who has also been named Caterpillar’s Chief Marketing Officer, and his team will establish a go-to-market strategy for the integration of data analytics, providing solutions and support for customers and dealers. In addition, the division’s functions include global brand management, marketing, rental services and retail sales development.
· Sustainable, Work Tools & Industry Solutions Division, Vice President Greg Folley – new division that brings together the sustainable businesses of Cat Reman and Caterpillar Safety Services with the company’s machine attachment business – Cat Work Tools (design and manufacture). The new division also includes two external sales groups, Cat OEM Solutions and Defense and Federal Products.
CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRIES UPDATE:
In addition to these changes, the Global Construction & Infrastructure Division, led by Vice President Paolo Fellin, has added responsibilities. As part of the company’s move to improve its dealer and customer coverage model, the division will also assume sales responsibilities for work tools, industrial and waste, paving and forestry products, as well as responsibility for heavy rentals.